[AccessD] Compare two tables with a large number of fields

connie.kamrowski at dpi.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at dpi.nsw.gov.au
Tue Sep 26 20:44:09 CDT 2006

Good morning everyone,

I have an interesting issue. A Database was created, and put into
operation, it had a bug in Citrix so it was removed converted and put back
up for testing. Chinese whispers caused data to be entered into both
copies of the Database Apparently the word test is ambiguous in some way.

Anyway now I have two Databases, each with a job table which contains the
following fields

tblJob1.BuildID, tblJob1.AreaID, tblJob1.SubElementID, tblJob1.WorkID,
tblJob1.StandardID, tblJob1.Location, tblJob1.Description,
tblJob1.TradeID, tblJob1.Unit, tblJob1.Quantity, tblJob1.EstCost,
tblJob1.Frequency, tblJob1.StartYear, tblJob1.PriorityID, tblJob1.Done,
tblJob1.Approved, tblJob1.Comment, tblJob1.CloneJobID

I need to compare the two tables and pull out any records which do not
match (some may be due to edits in a particular column) so I can add all
the added records into a third database( a copy of the original as at the
day testing started).

I have tried using the unmatched query but it will only let me enter 10
fields for comparison, any ideas on how I can do this?

Regards,

Connie Kamrowski

Senior Software Support Analyst
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange

Ph: 02 6391 3250
Fax: 02 6391 3290
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of their organisation.