[AccessD] trying to understand code

Pedro Janssen pedro at plex.nl
Fri Sep 29 16:13:06 CDT 2006

Hello Group,

i use Candace trips code for displaying photo's in a database, without storing them in a database.

Part of the code is about the path where the picture and database is stored. I changed the pad to store the pictures where i would like to store them. But in this code is also the part of .........
I don't understand what's happening there. Who can explain this to me.
Also the format of the textfield where you give the name of the displayed picture is: $#.##0,00;($#.##0,00) What does this mean.

Thanks

Pedro

Private Function GetPathPart() As String

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim strPath As String
    Dim intCounter As Integer

    Set db = CurrentDb
    strPath = "C:\my-directoryname\"
    db.Close
    Set db = Nothing

    For intCounter = Len(strPath) To 1 Step -1
        If Mid$(strPath, intCounter, 1) = "\" Then
            Exit For
        End If

    GetPathPart = Left$(strPath, intCounter)