[AccessD] Longitude/Latitude

Steve Capistrant scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Fri Sep 29 16:56:47 CDT 2006

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked recently and I didn't pay attention.  What options exist for programmatically inserting longitude and latitude values on an address record?  I was told that Google had some way to return that information from their database, but can't seem to find it (perhaps if I paid for a business account).  This is a task I'd do regularly (perhaps twice a month) as data gets uploaded from a local Access db into a website, where the website is coded to calculate distance between addresses.

Ideally, it would be SO cool to due this by connecting to a website and looping through the recordset of an Address table.  But another option I suppose is getting occasional downloads of a reference table, and use that as my lookup.

Steve Capistrant
Symphony Information Services
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
www.symphonyinfo.com