[AccessD] CPU and locks

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 1 11:45:01 CDT 2006

Hi Steve:

Interesting enough you can get a 100% CPU utilization displayed, at times,
if you are using Word or Excel and I suspect any other MS office product.
Maybe the network guys should be focusing on eliminating all MS products
from their systems.... just kidding of course. :-)

And here is from the horse's mouth:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=160819

Pay particular attention to the second sentence.

<Microsoft>
Note Microsoft Access only uses CPU resources that are idle. If your
computer has other processes that are ready to run, it will run them.
Microsoft Access does not decrease the performance of other applications as
it polls its message queues.
</Microsoft>

Jim