[AccessD] OT: Delete from FTP

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 15 13:01:01 CDT 2006

Hi Jim

Yes, NetDrive only creates and "opens" a drive letter to the remote FTP server. It doesn't allow you to run an application on the server - it is not a remote-op thing.
However, that single feature is very useful, indeed for "normal" users.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 15-09-2006 19:30 >>>
Hi Gustav:

..But if it provides a connection between a couple of folders, on remote/LAN
drives, that would not normally be connectable through standard 'map network
drives' is it not tunneling? Currently I have a number of drive letters
connected to shares on remote sites, off the server (2003), with no extra
software.

To actually run remote software it still requires, TermServer, XP Remote or
Hamachi/UltraVNC.

As I have not tested the Novell software yet, am I making assumptions or am
I missing something?

Jim