[AccessD] String Help

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 19 20:43:46 CDT 2006

Haven't got a working WSS to try this against.
But you can establish a linked table with following method.
I believe you can also interrogate WSS for the GUID of a table with
a Lists.GetList method. I may have code lying around from a year ago
when I was testing.

Gunderloy on Access and Sharepoint

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dno2k3ta/html/odc_OfOfficeSysandWSS.asp

To import a SharePoint list to Access, or to add a link to a SharePoint
list from an Access database, you can also use the TransferDatabase
method but the syntax is somewhat more complex. Here's a Microsoft
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) command to add a link to a
SharePoint list named Parts:

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Windows SharePoint Services", _
 "WSS;HDR=NO;IMEX=2;" & _
 "DATABASE=http://server_name/sites/site_nam;" & _
 "LIST={800BE2B7-FA3C-4CFC-BBB3-8500C4EDCF22};" & _
 "VIEW=;RetrieveIds=Yes;TABLE=Parts", acTable, , _
 "Parts"

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.