[AccessD] Quck Question - Report Pageheader Syntax - Expand

A.D.TEJPAL adtp at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:26:46 CDT 2006

John,

    You are apparently aiming at the following objectives (for a report having page header as well as group header sections):
    (a) If page header as well as group header sections both have  significant content, only the group header should get displayed.
    (b) Otherwise, either the page header or the group header (only one out of the two) should get displayed, depending upon which section has significant content.

    Sample code in report's open event, as given at A) below, should get you the desired results.

    If you simply wish to suppress the page header on first page, use of Cancel statement in format event of page header section, as given at B) below, should be adequate.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal
---------------

A) - Conditional hiding of Page Header section
        (If Group Header section is available)
================================
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    If Me.PageHeaderSection.Height > 100 _
                And Me.GroupHeader0.Height > 100 Then
        Me.PageHeaderSection.Visible = False
        Me.GroupHeader0.Visible = True
    Else
        If Me.PageHeaderSection.Height > 100 Then
            Me.PageHeaderSection.Visible = True
            Me.GroupHeader0.Visible = False
        Else
            Me.PageHeaderSection.Visible = False
            Me.GroupHeader0.Visible = True
        End If
    End If
End Sub

B) - Hiding Page Header on first page only
Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format( _
                Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If Page = 1 Then
        Cancel = True
    End If
End Sub