[AccessD] OT Outlook

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Sun Sep 24 14:48:09 CDT 2006

Thanks Marty

That gets me started.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall
Belfast

tel: 02890 974477

________________________________

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com on behalf of MartyConnelly
Sent: Sun 24/09/2006 17:01
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT Outlook

At least from object model these should be synonymous.
objFolder.EntryID (Hex string) and  oFolder.Name

I think you can list the entries with this magic constant
    cdoPR_EntryID = &HFFF0102
How I am not sure

Dim oSession As MAPI.Session
  Dim oFolder As MAPI.Folder

  Dim objFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
  Set objFolder =
Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)

  Set oSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
  oSession.Logon "", "", False, False

  Set oFolder = oSession.GetFolder(objFolder.EntryID, objFolder.StoreID)

  If oFolder Is Nothing Then
    Debug.Print "I am nada..."
  Else
    Debug.Print oFolder.Name
  End If

  Set oFolder = Nothing
  oSession.Logoff
  Set objFolder = Nothing

Martin Reid wrote:

>It is my understanding that an Outlook EntryID can be used to uniquely ID an Outlook folder. i.e each folder has a unique GUID that can be referenced via VBA?
>
>Is this correct?
>

>Martin
>
>Martin WP Reid
>Training and Assessment Unit