[AccessD] Excel Graphs from Access Data - Ideas, Please

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Sep 25 15:12:09 CDT 2006

Tina,
What I generally do is
1) Save the user's selections (date parameters, etc.) selected from list
boxes, spinners, or whatever in the worksheet.
2) Run update queries that update Access tables based on these selections.
3) Run select queries with joins (or where clauses using subqueries)  based
on the tables in 1)
4) Copy the resulting recordset into a hidden sheet that can be referenced
by the graph.
5) If desired, ranges can be made expandable to accomodate changes in the
number of records.

I particularly recommend you look into pivot charts which give the user
flexibility to change the displaye data after it has been downloaded. I use
DAO when the data comes from Access but it can be downloaded directly from
other sources, such as an AS400, using ADO. I tried to post sample code but
the list rejected it as too long ;-(

Jim Hale