[AccessD] Sybase SQL export to Access

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Mon Sep 25 23:13:26 CDT 2006

...I have a client database that uses a Sybase SQL db ...its a single table
...I need to export it to a text file or mdb for use in an Access mdb

...I of course don't have Sybase or access there to else I'd just use the
bcp utility myself.

...I played with using the bcp.exe command line utility from SQL Server
hoping that the sql might be the same as the Sybase SQL bcp.exe utility
...but of course it doesn't work.

...anyone here have the tools to do this? ...or ideas on how I can do it
myself would be preferable since I'll need to import the data quarterly?

...if anyone wants to look at the file, e me off line and I'll send you the
ftp dl instructions ...my host doesn't allow anonymous ftp access.

William Hindman