[AccessD] OT Outlook

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Sep 27 15:33:45 CDT 2006

Martin,

In MS Access you can do:

Access.Application.COMAddIns(1).connect=True

To connect the first of registered COM Add-Ins.

I believe in Outlook it should be:

Outlook.Application.COMAddIns(1).connect=True

To identify the add-in you can cycle COMAddins collection and use ProgId or
Descriptin properties. Here is just debug.print cycling sample:

Dim myAddIn As Office.COMAddIn
    For Each myAddIn In Access.Application.COMAddIns
       With myAddIn
          Debug.Print "Connected = " & .Connect;
          Debug.Print " , ProgId = " & .ProgId & " - ";
          Debug.Print .Description
       End With
    Next myAddIn

To use this code you have to have a reference set to MS Office object
library - I expect it should be set in MS Outlook VBA by default...

--
Shamil