[AccessD] Access 97 Runtime and Windows Vista

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Mon Apr 2 14:00:02 CDT 2007

Hello David,

My guess is that MS Access 97 runtime should work fine on MS Windows Vista.
MS Windows Vista is compatible and is based on "good old" MS Windows
95->98->(2000+XP+2003) versions - it's just 4% .NET based
(http://www.grimes.demon.co.uk/dotnet/vistaAndDotnet.htm ) and all the rest
is still (and will ever be?) COM-based...

I didn't test MS Access 97 on MS Windows Vista but I have MS Access 2003
installed and it worked OK...

VB6 works well on my MS Windows Vista system. I do not see why MS Access 97
runtime when properly installed (using SageKey scripts) should not work on
MS Windows Vista.

Just my guess...

--
Shamil