[AccessD] WANs and Access

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Apr 5 12:32:19 CDT 2007

Hi Rocky,

I have a customer who has plants across North America, all on the same WAN.
I don't know what their throughput rate is though.

After using the system in one location for about a year, we tried putting
some client apps at the other sites.  The two folks I work directly with
were there at the time, and have told me that the app was as quick there as
it is here!  I was surprised - and happy.

My system is split FE/BE, and the usage is not high.

On the other hand, from home through their VPN connection, it takes me 20
minutes to open their system with my PC, so I don't.

Good Luck!
Dan