[AccessD] WANs and Access

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Apr 5 13:06:58 CDT 2007

Rocky,

I think it depends on the WAN, but we try to persuade our clients not to
try it, particularly if the broadband connection is "iffy" or "slow".
We've had a few do it anyhow because their IT departments were sure they
could make it work.  They live with it.  Remote dialup is ugly at any
speed unless you use a VPN and log into an active local workstation and
run the app from there.

Charlotte Foust