[AccessD] Is it possible...

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sun Apr 8 22:07:51 CDT 2007

Bruce

...never say never ...my code library is loaded with things written by
people here that I would have sworn were impossible in Access ...most of
which I manage to use successfully without ever groking what they are going
on about :)

...though I've not tried to switch orientation in the middle of a report
myself, I know you can pause a report at a specific page, change the printer
tray, print a page from that tray, and then pause and change back using the
printdev mode properties as in mskb 200546 ...so long as the printer driver
supports those properties ...and since page orientation is also a property
of printdev mode, it would seem worth the time to try changing it at the
same time you change printer trays using virtually the same code.

...if not, then you might have to look at creating separate reports and
numbering the pages of each correctly.

...or if you want to walk on the wild side, use Lebans rotate text code to
brute force design a portrait formatted subreport to look like a landscape
format.

...if you do get it to work, let us in on the secret, eh.

William Hindman