[AccessD] Case management and external files

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 19:27:24 CDT 2007

Marty,

<<One option, you might want to look at, are some of the more popular
 legal case management solutions. These are in the $200-300 range.
The enterprise editions store info in SQL Server.>>

  Definitely a thought.. This will be for a medicals claims system.

<<You should have a basic series file numbering system to start
with based on some sort of taxonomy.>>

  Got that well in hand already.  Main worry is all these external files.
The end users are non-computer literate folks, so I need everything to be as
automatic as possible.

Jim.

One option, you might want to look at, are some of the more popular
 legal case management solutions. These are in the $200-300 range.
The enterprise editions store info in SQL Server.

You should have a basic series file numbering system to start
with based on some sort of taxonomy.

Look at TimeMatters, Legal Files, Billing Matters, and
PracticeMaster, Amicus Attorney

Both PracticeMaster and TimeMatters work with Outlook
 through MAPI and SMTP.

http://www.abanet.org/tech/ltrc/

http://www.abanet.org/tech/ltrc/charts/casemanagementcomparison.html

http://www.timematters.com/products/timematters/