[AccessD] Reader problem: memo field complains when enteringWordtext

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Apr 11 20:31:25 CDT 2007

Turned out that she had forgotten about a log table -- and that table's
field wasn't a Memo. :( I did suggest that to her first thing, but of
course, because she'd forgotten about that table, she didn't remember to
check it until  much later in the day. I do crap lik that myself.

Susan h.

...it could be that your reader is using a query with the Unique Values
property set to yes and a memo field included ...if so there is, iirc, an MS
KB on the bug somewhere ...the Unique Values results in a comparison of the
memo fields using text boxes ...you get no error, just the first 255
characters ...basically you have to run one query without the memo field and
then use it as a source for another query with the memo field from the table
itself included.