[AccessD] Open report from remote db

A.D.TEJPAL adtp at airtelbroadband.in
Mon Apr 16 09:19:22 CDT 2007

Lonnie,

    Two alternatives are available as follows, for viewing / printing reports & forms belonging to external db:

    (a) Library reference to external db:
    (i) In local db, set up library reference named "External" to the external db and then call subroutines & functions belonging to external db by using the qualifier "External."
    (ii) In the code modules of external db, care is to be taken to use CodeDb & CodeProject in lieu of CurrentDb & CurrentProject respectively, wherever occurring.
    (iii) Automatic setting up of correct reference to external db can be ensured programmatically, through code in start-up form of local db.

    (b) Access automation:
    Activate the external db via automation and toggle respective visibilities of local & external db's appropriately, for user convenience.

    Two of my sample db's mentioned below, might be of interest to you:
    (a) ExternalDbAsLibraryRef
    (b) ExternalDbAutomation

    Both samples are available at Rogers Access Library (other developers library). Link - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp#Tejpal,A.D.

    You could adapt the underlying approach suitably, for your specific needs.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal