[AccessD] Open report from remote db

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Apr 16 20:55:57 CDT 2007

Jim,

The issue it appears is one of scope.  Queries running in an access
environment can see code inside of that container.  It cannot see functions
inside of the excel spreadsheet.  To my knowledge, while you can reference
the Excel libraries, you cannot reference code modules inside of
spreadsheets or workbooks (from within Access), nor code inside of documents
(word, from inside of Access).  That makes Access unique within office as a
container that can contain referencable code.

IOW, I BELIEVE that you can reference an Access MDA from any of the other
office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and of course, Access.
However you cannot reference modules inside of a workbook from word,
PowerPoint etc, nor can you reference code inside of word documents from
inside of Excel, PowerPoint etc.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting