[AccessD] XQuery in VB 6

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 19 11:59:21 CDT 2007

I have only used XQuery with SQL 2005 & VB.Net
I have XPath examples in VBA

Are you using XQuery or XPath?

 XPath is imbedded in both XSLT and XQuery. In those languages it serves
the
role of node-set identification (selection)

XQuery example

Dim sql_getbank As String = "SELECT
Demographics.query('data(//BankName)') " _

                          & "FROM Store WHERE CustomerID = @CustomerID"

XPath example

    Set oAdviserDetailsNode = oDOMDocument.documentElement
   'use appropriate XPath expression to select nodes
   Set oNodeList = oAdviserDetailsNode.selectNodes("//BusinessDetails/*")

Have a look at
SQL Server 2005 XQuery and XML-DML - Part 2
By Alex Homer

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050811.htm

--
Marty Connelly