[AccessD] Joining tables from two different dbs

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Fri Apr 20 12:06:56 CDT 2007

Hi:

I have the following code to create a recordset from a dbase file:

 Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
    Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

    Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

    cn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"

    cn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=C:\DBASE Path;Extended
Properties=dBASE IV;"
    cn.Open

    Set rs = cn.Execute("SELECT Production FROM dbaseTABLE where
Production=133745 group by Production", , adLockReadOnly)

 cn.Close
    Set rs = Nothing
    Set cn = Nothing

This works fine, connects to and reads the dBase table fine. However, I'd
like to do a join to detect unmatched records in the dBase table. In this
case, I'd be joining a local Access table to the dBase table ... Is this
possible to do?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mrazek

LCM Research, Inc.