[AccessD] I just don't believe this. )&*()&)(&)&!&*^@(*&!!

Bruce Bruen bbruen at unwired.com.au
Tue Apr 24 17:24:07 CDT 2007

Thanks Dan,

I was pretty panicky yesterday when this happened and didn't think of going
through the "normal" diagnostics as you suggest.

For interest sakes, other databases with conditional formatting suffered the
same problem.  I haven't the luxury of more than one windows PC here, so I
haven't tried step 2.
What I did was log out and back in to see if the environment was corrupted
somehow.  This didn't fix the problem.  Then, grasping at straws, I power
cycled the PC.  Now its back up and the formats are all back to normal.

Much relief!  Thanks for the "calm down and think it through" suggest.
Whatever the keystroke sequence is that sets the high res mode, it must do
something deep inside the OS though, I cant see why logout/login wouldn't fix
it.

As regards setting the format in code, that's what I am partway through.
Getting the visual effect needed for the multiplicity of conditions was the
first task and it was quicker to use the format design tool to tweak the
various colors.

regards
Bruce