[AccessD] OT a little - Code Tables

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Apr 25 08:35:54 CDT 2007

I pretty much have to agree Jim.  Given a LookupID as you use to relate the
record back to other records then you are good to go.  The one thing I might
do is actually break the table down into a LookupType table (charge,
shipping, state etc) the reason being simply that people are typing in to
this table to fill it.  If they typed:

Chrg		Visa

and

Charge	MC

Then if you simply filtered in Charge you would not pick up Chrg.

If they filled in a second table with Charge and then used that in a combo
to select the lookup type, you could use the PKID of the LookupType table
and always pick up all Charge records.

Of course that now becomes TWO tables to maintain, but still less than N
tables.

tblLookupType
LT_ID		LT_Type
1		Charge