[AccessD] Deploying .net solutions

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Apr 27 09:11:00 CDT 2007

>I also suggest a terrific product called Total Commander, which is a
Windows-based "clone" + extension of Norton Commander, and includes FTP
facilities, so you could use it to get immediately to your goal, while you
experiment with the One-Click .NET technology.

My goal isn't a file manager replacement.  My goal is a program which ftps
files down to the local hard drive, unzips them, unencrypts them, and loads
them into a database.  Each such file is specific to one particular client
insurer (client of my client) and there are potentially dozens of them, a
half dozen at the moment.  Each from a different company, each coming from a
different FTP site (obviously), each formatted differently (but with
patterns which allow a generic solution).

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting