[AccessD] Listbox-type browse control for large dataset

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Wed Aug 1 17:01:27 CDT 2007

Chris,

Presumably the data in the listbox is ordered according to a
human-readable field?  If so, would it be feasible to put an unbound
textbox on the form, and have the user enter the first few characters of
this field?  If so, you could leave the listbox unpopulated until this
textbox contains a minimum number of characters, and then use code at
that point to assign/modify the listbox's RowSource.  I expect that
having a filtered row source would speed up your step #2.

Regards
Steve