[AccessD] Need SMTP Code

pctech at mybellybutton.com pctech at mybellybutton.com
Mon Aug 6 12:04:59 CDT 2007

Dan:

Sterling endorsement. :)  Looks like a good candidate. Simplest for the end
user is best.  With vbSendMail does the user have to know their server name,
port, etc.?  The less stuff they have to know the better.

Thanks

Rocky

Sorry about this horrible web mailer.  I am on the road.

There is a more efficient solution, I think.  The problem with registering DLLs is that you have to worry about incompatibilities with other software.  Also, some IT departments are very picky about what they will let you run.

I have found an application that I use in conjunction with other things for my SOX notifications.  It's called BLAT.  It doesn't need to be installed, per se, it just needs to have files copied to certain locations, which are well documented.  I, personally, call this using batch files from Scheduled Tasks, but you could also call them from within ShellRun commands.  I've used this application for about four years now problem-free.

The URL is http://www.blat.net/