[AccessD] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:59:06 CDT 2007

On 8/11/07, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> And the bottom line is that is a valid choice.  If the person is not

It certainly is. So is drinking yourself to death. But both are, IMO,
poor choices to finding solutions to problems.

> important to you why in the world would you even read their email WITHOUT a
> CR required?

Because if I'm running a business I do not want my customers to jump
through hoops to deal with me. And if it is personal e-mail, I don't
want my friend to have to jump through hoops to talk to me.

> If the person you are calling wants you to do something to
> help him control the flood and you don't really care about talking to him,
> then don't talk to him.  CR is all about "I need help here and if I am
> important enough to talk to, please help me out here.

What about the people that ask for help and have a CR system in place.
They send me a request for help and I reply and they haven't bothered
to whitelist me? Why should *I* jump through hoops to answer *THEIR*
question *THEY ASKED ME*?

> When I was growing up, my grandfather needed to put stucco on the outside of
> his barn.  The whole community showed up to help.

I would help my neighbour out in a heart beat if they needed me.

> Now you won't even take 10 seconds to respond to a CR.

Nope. IMO, its the wrong fix for a problem. Just like I wouldn't
restucco an entire barn if only one wall needed restuccoing.

> Just goes to show how much community is
> worth to us these days eh?  I have been a contributing member of this
> community for 10 years and you would think I had raped your daughter by the
> response when a CR request shows up in your inbox.  Pretty sad really.

It's no worse than some of the comments that have passed back and
forth about bound/unbound, Natural/Surrogate PKs, etc, etc.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"