[AccessD] Excel Vlookup() question

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Aug 14 11:45:50 CDT 2007

Try WorksheetFunction.VLOOKUP($A6, "path_and_filename", relative_column,
false)
HTH
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:44 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Excel Vlookup() question

Thanks for looking at this, Jim. That was just a typo on my part. In
fact, I
don't think I expressed my problem accurately. When I use the second
formula
directly in a worksheet, it works fine, but I cannot make it work in a
module and that's what I need to do. Something along the lines of

Dim x
x = VLOOKUP( $A6, "path_and_filename", relative_column, false)

Maybe it's first argument that's the problem from VBA's viewpoint. Maybe
need to thoroughly specify the cell? I'll try that.

Also I have another problem. In the workbook containing the code, I have
3
columns for Class A, B and C. In the lookup workbook,  these classes, if
they exist, will be represented as  rows.  So having  found the company
number with Vlookup, I then need to walk the rows and examine the
adjacent
column to see what class the item is. If it's A, I write the value to
retrieve into the Class A column. If it's B, into the Class B column,
etc.
Too bad Vlookup can't handle a compound argument :(. But anyway, I can
just
do a loop until the company number changes, since the table is sorted by
company number.

Thanks,
Arthur