[AccessD] Highlighting a record in a form

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Wed Aug 15 12:17:28 CDT 2007

Susan:

Sorry. I should have explained that. I had two ways to go about this. I
posited each [ID] as a specific record each time, so I knew that, for
example, ID "Total Weight Impacts (lbs)" is always record 8. Therefore, I
could base it on its being record 8 or its having that ID. It turned out
to be easier to do the latter.

Thanks, again.

Thomas F. Ewald
Stryker Mass Properties
General Dynamics Land Systems

To: "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"

How is [ID] = n counting your records though? Is it is consecutive value
that considers the form's sort order? Is it an AutoNumber? What happens if
the recordset doesn't have an ID value of 5?

Susan H.

I got it! Thanks, everyone, for your help. In the unlikely event that
someone is as DUH as I am, I'll explain it below.

Many were suggesting conditional formatting, but I could not see how to
make
it apply to an entire row. It's actually very simple. With the form in
design view, select all of the appropriate fields and choose Format /
Conditional Formatting from the menubar. On the left, choose "Expression
is". On the right, type in the controlling expression, such as [ID] = 5.
Since you've selected all fields, they will all be governed by this one
expression.

Sorry for being so dense, people. I hadn't used this functionality in
Access
before, so I was trying to figure it out in VBA. Let's hear it for trying
reinvent the wheel.

Thanks, again, for your help.

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.