[AccessD] What problems converting A2K3 mdb to A2K7?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Aug 30 10:19:46 CDT 2007

And that seems to be the problem.  The ribbon bars are all about the user
and ignore the needs and wants of developers.  As a developer I know where
everything is.  I click menu items all day, use shortcut keys, do things
automatically.  Now suddenly all that stuff doesn't work and I can't get any
work done.

This stuff is know as "muscle memory" and it is a well documented fact.
Your body just "learns" how to do things, everything from typing to playing
an instrument to holding a fork to walking.  Imagine handing a sax player a
saxophone where all of the keys are randomly changed.  Now imagine handing
that to a professional musician with a concert to play that night, where he
is being paid thousands of dollars to play.  Now imagine handing such
instruments to every member of the orchestra.

It is bad enough to do that to my users, but I charge my clients hundreds of
dollars an hour to hunt down where they hid everything.  My clients are NOT
HAPPY and they are NOT HAPPY with ME!!!

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting