[AccessD] Interesting Laptop / Vista commentary

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:35:42 CST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 6:40 PM, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> I am not a Linux kind of guy and have no patience for the kind of stuff this
> article was talking about.  I really wish Linux would just install because I
> could really use it in specific places (my son's laptop for example).

Why would you expect Linux to just install? Windows doesn't. You've
got to go and get this driver and that driver, especially if you have
oddball components, as most laptops tend to have.

I've got an older Dell laptop (read used) that I can't get working.
The NIC drivers that windows installs don't work, neither do the USB
drivers. So I can't download the latest drivers from Dell via the NIC,
or another working computer and transfer via USB because windows
doesn't just install. IOW it's a boat anchor.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"