[AccessD] BartPE

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:44:20 CST 2007

A tad vaguely on topic, but I've always wondered exactly how R/W disks (CDs
and DVDs) work. Are they just fooling us by not freezing the file allocation
table, deleting what we wrote last time but not recovering the space? And if
not that, how do they manage to rewrite locations that have already been
written to? IOW, if I almost completely fill a disk, then delete everything,
then change the date of the source files and recopy them to the disk, will
there be room? If so, how do they do it?

Arthur