[AccessD] FW: A03 v. A07

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Dec 6 14:46:19 CST 2007

Dear List:

Has anyone noted speed difference between A03 and A07 as my client notes
below?

MTIA

Rocky

Rocky:

In using Access 2003, I noticed that the Matters form can be re-sized in
1 to 2 seconds compared to 6-7 seconds for A07.  So I think a lot of the
speed issues we wrestled with were largely due to my using A07, and you
could not appreciate it with A03.  The flicker is also much reduced with
A03, and that (flicker) is particularly annoying with the Timesheet.  I
remember noticing the speed difference early on, but have been using A07 so
much more, forgot about it when we were dealing with the Matters form
opening so slowly a month or so ago.  So this would be a BIG plus going with
A03 over A07.  Have you heard whether the speed issue will be addressed very
meaningfully with the SP1 for A07, or when SP1 for A07 will even come out?