[AccessD] Access 2007 ULS (was: Access 2007 - Microsoft is justplain stupid.)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Dec 11 11:23:34 CST 2007

I suspect that MS is doing this gradually.

>From reading MS info on A2007, you cannot create a database in A2007 that
uses ULS.  You can convert a previous version database to A2007, and then
A2007 will support ULS.

But people can't, with only A2007, create a database which is password
protected.  For many or most companies that is a prerequisite for a
'critical' database.

Last year I made a chart to help explain this.  I think that MS saw the same
'red zone' that I see and wants to create a gap instead.  That will separate
casual users from people who are determined to be developers.  And JC -
notice that Classes are right up on top!

http://www.promationsystems.com/PSI/Info/accessskillzones.htm

Dan