[AccessD] Access 2007 ULS (was: Access 2007- Microsoftis justplain stupid.)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Dec 11 18:06:45 CST 2007

I think IT folks dislike Access for a slightly different reason.

Part of my spiel at the beginning of this thread is that security is an
illusion.  Nothing is truly secure.  Real security is a happy medium
between keeping honest people honest, making it more difficult for
malicious hackers, and keeping things relatively easy for the users.

I've dealt with several IT departments (heck, I work in one....) that
have had this 'dislike Access' attitude (ours doesn't, obviously, I'd
throttle anyone here that did...).  And in the instances that I've seen
this attitude, 99% of the issues are based on false premises or
misinformation.

But saying that Microsoft 'recognizes' the problem is like having them
removing Fonts from Word, because too many people received poorly fonted
word documents!  ULS should have been beefed up, not removed.

Drew