[AccessD] Saving Table to Registry, ini, act?

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Wed Dec 12 19:46:02 CST 2007

How about persisting an ADO recordset to either xml or binary.
Then just load it on startup.  Either loop through setting properties on
load or do a seek when different settings are required.

cheers

Michael M

Howdy

Hope I haven't misread the q

I usually have a local Settings dB
Usually in the same folder or something like C:\Mydb_LocalSettings
folder etc This dB's sole purposes is to hold local settings I assume
you have FE/BE setup? Yes?
If so - I just get the FE to link to 2 external dB's One for the
standard back end stuff (The Majority of data) Then I get it to link to
a table (or two) in the local settings dB No big deal having your FE
link to tables in 2 dB'

Infact in my experience - network considerations and maintenance of the
linking between 2 x back ends is the biggest PITA

See ya hope this helps

DD