[AccessD] Saving Table to Registry, ini, ect?

Thu Dec 13 08:55:45 CST 2007

That should be very easy to do. Access provides the SaveSetting, GetSetting,
GetAllSettings, and DeleteSetting functions to handle this. No need for
arcane API calls. :-)

The registry settings are stored in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings

Under the section names that you define. So the settings saved will be per
user.

HTH

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:28 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Saving Table to Registry, ini, ect?

* PGP Signed by an unknown key: 12/12/2007 at 07:28PM

Hello All,
 I have a table (in a large .mde FE), that holds about 18 datasheet property
field settings for about 20+ datasheet forms(user options). It all amounts
to about 1,000 records.

 I need to store these settings on the users machine (so when I update the
program, I don't override their selected settings), and I'm looking for the
easiest / fastest way to save and load this information to / from the FE.

 The information would be loaded on startup and saved to the users machine
on shutdown..

 Any examples would be most helpful.

Thank You

WBR