[AccessD] Access or SQL Server Express to web

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Dec 15 14:15:55 CST 2007

William,

I fact I didn't question/curious about what you have as a back-end - what I
do wanted to talk about did you ever experience what is called "race
condition"? - I mean multi-threading issues when you have some shared data
(cached) in memory and several threads - several sessions of different users
- are trying to use these data? I'm not talking about system Cache - it
synchronizes/serializes parallel access - I mean custom shared (static)
read/write data - did you ever need it?

Also I guess because you're mainly using MS Access you should have some kind
of "virtual locks" to prevent parallel threads/sessions update the same
data?

Do you use System.Transactions.TransactionScope?

I cannot find also good info on how to properly get expired sessions to fire
event (using Global.asax?) to get this expired session's cached data to be
cleared out and related system Cache data to be cleared also...

Have you seen/used in your project such information?

Thanks.

--
Shamil