[AccessD] shutting down

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:04:33 CST 2007

> To apply that concept to your application, you would create a table
> variable
> (local in this case) or even a global variable.  The timer on your form
> now
> modifies that table / global variable every time a new control is sensed.
> This solves the "yea but they might have just come back to the same
> control"
> issue.  Similarly any process that needs to keep the application alive can
> update the table / local variable once every N time units.  How the
> process
> does that is up to the process, but there would be a rule "if the location
> is not updated for more than X time units you're history".  Thus the
> application could do it once every time through a loop etc.

=======John, this is similar to what I considered -- simply updating the
global variable. The function wouldn't even care which control updated the
variable. My main concern with any of these solutions is that it not have
cracks -- actions that don't update the variable, and that all that updating
doesn't impact performance.

Susan H.