[AccessD] Sort Order of a Table

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Dec 24 11:48:17 CST 2007

Dear List:

Sometimes when I'm looking at a table I'll resort it by one column or
another.  Mostly they're sorted by the Autonumber ID.  When I go to close
it, I'm asked if I want to save changes.  Mostly I say no.

So question: is there a difference in the table or in the way data is
retrieved and/or most importantly in retrieval time, depending on how the
records are displayed - sorted by primary key or another field?  Can I just
leave the table sorted by, say name or address or social security number
without a performance penalty?

MTIA

Rocky