[AccessD] The Command underlying the AZ and ZA buttons on the Access toolbar

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Dec 24 15:24:02 CST 2007

Hi Arthur,

I have a subform that accepts payment information for a membership
database.  The subform gets opened by a button click on a membership
information form.  Underlying the subform is a query that filters on the
ID of the member, and lists all the payments in descending order.  Until
you raised the question, I just accepted the fact that new records were
added at the bottom and didn't show up on top until the next time the
subform was accessed.

I went into the subform's After Update event and added a DoCmd.Requery.
Then I tried it out.  Eureka!  It works.  As soon as I added a new
payment record, it jumped to the top of the list.

Hope this helps,
Tina