[AccessD] Compact and Repair on Close

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Dec 29 09:06:52 CST 2007

Dear List:

I have a legacy app that was set up to compact and repair on close.  I found
it annoying during development - the delay every time I closed and re-opened
the app.  So I disabled it.  The program will eventually become an mde and
will be distributed to a vertical market.

Q: is there any reason to C&R on exit?  I know it gets rid of the 'bloat' -
but IME that bloat is mostly inconsequential in terms of execution time.
There are very few front end tables in this app - it's all back end.  Or is
there some other good reason to turn this C&R on Exit feature back on?

MTIA

Rocky