[AccessD] ODBC-driver for Access - fixed

pcs at azizaz.com pcs at azizaz.com
Mon Dec 31 00:53:55 CST 2007

Jumping into this thread from the end, so this may not be
relevant / already covered ...

MS has a tool for checking MDAC, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301202

The tool is called Component Checker...

>From the web page:

SUMMARY
This article describes two different ways to check which
version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) is
installed on a system:
• Use the Component Checker tool.
• Check the version information that is stored in the
registry.

Install and Use the Component Checker Tool
The most reliable way to determine which version of MDAC is
installed is to compare the version number of each MDAC DLL
file to a list of the DLL files that are shipped with each
MDAC version. The Component Checker can help you to do this.
It checks the files on the computer, compares them to a list
from each version of MDAC, and reports the closest match.

Regards
Borge