[AccessD] Help with an ActiveX control

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Thu Feb 8 16:36:34 CST 2007

I have downloaded a trial version of a rich text control from Chado (http://www.spelltext.com/aboutspe.htm ).

I have added a reference to it, and placed the control on a form.

I have opened the properties window and bound that control to my table field.

All works OK except that I then need to export that field with all formatting as html. I have contacted Chado support and they tell me "The default is TextRTF, since RTF is the native format for the SpellEditor control.  You need to bind the TextHTML property instead, since this will return the HTML equivalent of the RTF".

OK - but I can't work out how to do that.

If I open the object browser I can see the SpellEditor class and the Texthtml property but I can;t work out how to reference that from my form's vba window.

Can someone tell me how to do that??

(NB: I have contacted Chado for further support but there's quite a delay in response time....)