[AccessD] Multiple Tables

Hollis, Virginia hollisvj at pgdp.usec.com
Mon Feb 19 10:11:36 CST 2007

I always have trouble with this. I have to set up a form for updating 3
different tables, Type, Model, and Manufacturer.

tbl_Manufacturer

tbl_Model

tbl_type

tbl_Main (this would be a table that contains all the information) Would
I put ModelID, TypeID, etc into this table?

So do I create another table that joins them together? At first I put
the fields all as ModelID, TypeID in the main table & added each field
to the main form & when they selected the Model I used a Select query to
update the matching Type & Manuf.

I need to create a form where the user can update the fields across for
each Model & complete the Type and Manuf. If they are 3 separate tables
how do they join together? How do they join to the main table?

Ex:

Model: F, Type: Truck, Manuf: Ford

Model: Silverado, Type: Truck, Manuf: Chevy

Virginia