[AccessD] favor -- someone to run a quick test

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Thu Feb 1 12:56:51 CST 2007

I got the field name - using A2003.

Jim
jhewson at karta.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Susan Harkins
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:38 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] favor -- someone to run a quick test

=[Form].[RecordsetClone].[Fields](1).[Name]

=======Gustav and I are working on an article together and the above
expression works for him, but not for me. There are no missing references
and the RecordsetClone class is present on my system. What this expression
does is return the name of underlying fields in a text box control in a
form. Just add a text box to any bound form and enter the above expression
as the Control Source and let me know if it returns the field name or the
name? error.

I'm using Access 2003 and this is the second name? error that's turned up
that I can't explain.

Susan H.