[AccessD] database is not digitally signed

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 1 13:02:58 CST 2007

Well there is one way if you create a vbs file and open it from a
shortcut, this assumes the network nabobs allow vbscript to run
A bit more difficult if using a .msw file

Const cDatabaseToOpen = "C:\Access files\Access2003 samples\Using
Parameters with Queries and Reports.mdb"
On Error Resume Next
Dim AcApp
Set AcApp = CreateObject("Access.Application.11")
If AcApp.Version >= 11 Then
     AcApp.AutomationSecurity = 1 ' msoAutomationSecurityLow
End If
AcApp.Visible = True
AcApp.OpenCurrentDatabase cDatabaseToOpen
If AcApp.CurrentProject.FullName <> "" Then
     AcApp.UserControl = True
Else
     AcApp.Quit
     MsgBox "Failed to open '" & cDatabaseToOpen & "'."
End If

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.