[AccessD] Database size

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Feb 2 11:23:44 CST 2007

Barb,

  Use /decompile.  You've got some dead code in there.  I'm not sure if that
will clean it out or not though.

  Part of the explanation is that when using different versions, Access
actually makes a copy of code, then converts the copy leaving the original
intact.  This happened most notably with A95.  You could delete MSysModules
without problem (MSysModules2 was the live version).

  The other part is that often the connection between objects and the VBA
project breaks leaving orphaned code in the database and nothing gets
cleaned up in the compact like it should.

  At worst, you may have to import everything into a fresh MDB container.

Jim.