[AccessD] OT Friday homour

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 2 13:05:31 CST 2007

Hi All:

So you think English is easy:

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to
present the present

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

...and another...

A Mountie pulled a car over on the Trans Canada about 2 miles West of
Winnipeg.  When the Mountie asked the driver why he was speeding, the driver
answered that he was a magician and a juggler and he was on his way to
Brandon to do a show that night at the Shrine Circus and didn't want to be
late.

The Mountie told the driver he was fascinated by juggling, and if the driver
would do a little juggling for him then he wouldn't give him a ticket.

The driver told the Mountie that he had sent all of his equipment on ahead
and didn't have anything to juggle.

The Mountie told him that he had some flares in the trunk of his patrol car
and asked if he could juggle them. The juggler stated that he could, so the
Mountie got three flares, lit them and handed them to the juggler.

While the man was doing his juggling act, a car pulled in  behind the patrol
car.  A drunk, good old boy, driving through from Alberta got out and
watched the performance briefly. He then went over to the patrol car, opened
the rear door and got in.

The Mountie observed him doing this and went over to the patrol car, opened
the door and asked the drunk what he thought he was doing.

The drunk replied, "You might as well take me to jail, cause there's no
friggin` way  I can pass that test."

Have a good weekend
Jim