[AccessD] Design Question

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 6 15:17:33 CST 2007

Hi Bryan:

It looks like an additional table would have to be create to store/keep the
relationships of facilities, people software etc...

People
Facility
Hardware
Software
Service Agreements

The above would be correct (I will assume that each record in each of the
tables has a field name ID) and if you add a table named 'CONNECTION' with
only two fields, additional to its own ID field.

One field could be named OwnerID and the other field OwnedID. The records in
this table would be created when a relationship was established in code, one
for each relationship. The beauty of using this type of table is that
one-to-one, one to many, backwards or forwards and even reciprocal
relationships (the table could call it's self) could used...

The only particular about this type of table is that you as the programmer
would most likely have to maintain it with your code.... sorry not bound.
This system works great and I have used it to resolve many similar issues.

HTH
Jim